ZX Spectrum Adventure Game Template
A downloadable asset pack
Made using GameMaker Studio, this is the prototype source code for a ZX Spectrum style flip-screen adventure. (Graphics stolen from Codemasters' Dizzy for the purposes of quick prototyping/demoing. Create your own graphics if you want to use this gmz file to create your own game!).
You will need:
- GameMaker: Studio v1.4 or v2
- A working knowledge of GameMaker Language (GML). This is NOT a drag and drop project.
The project file includes the following features:
- Accurate ZX Spectrum resolution
- Accurate ZX Spectrum colour palette
- Flip screen (no scrolling)
- Working location name
- Working health bar
- Working coin meter
- Other characters to talk to/give items to
- Puzzles (such as the unlockable chest)
- Things that hurt the player character
- Game over state
- NO attribute clash (you'd have to figure it out via a shader I think)
You'll have to make a title screen and an end game sequence for yourself.
All code is by me. I've created sound effects have been created using bfxr. Again though, please create your own graphics as they are copyright Codemasters. You are free to use the source code for this project for whatever you wish, all I ask is if you create anything - show me. I'd love to see it.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.